WHAT IS OUR ‘WHY’?
This is not just another All-American game. We have not done this game in the past because we needed to be able provide value if we ever did so. Now we can say ‘yes, we can’. Every year that passes, Football Hotbed (through our affiliations and networks) is learning more about the sport on all levels and particularly college football and recruitment. This National Freshman Showcase game is specifically tailored to increasing an athletes chances at exposure to the coaches that would be able to offer scholarships to colleges and universities across the country to play football. Our goal is to connect those coaches and student-athlete based on performance and a school’s need and the recruitment process begins. There are at least two ways we will accomplish this:
In Atlanta on January 16, 2017, 80% of our invited athletes will have varsity football credentials as freshman. But the other 20% will not. For that 20%, this game becomes their first varsity film and thus highlights can be distinctly used for building a resume to present to college coaches. It will be better than freshman or junior varsity film from the previous season. Each player will receive a DVD copy of the game at no additional charge. (Please allow 3 hours post game for all copies to be ready).
HOTBED’S COLLEGE COACH NETWORK:
When we say network, we mean coaches that will pick up the phone when we call or respond to texts or emails. This is a group of coaches that we have built relationships with to push our high performing Freshman Showcase invitees too based on their week in Atlanta and throughout the remainder of their high school careers.
REGISTRATION COSTS: There is a $350.00 registration fee to participate in this year’s game. This fee will provide for our staffing and facility costs in addition to a complete uniform set with jersey, pants and socks. In addition, Football Hotbed will be sharing the game film with over our network of over 50 college recruiters, scouts and coaches along with the biographical information necessary to begin recruitment (if desired). We also anticipate sponsorship giveaway items in addition to the uniforms for each player. Finally, each player will receive one (1) DVD copy of the game’s live stream broadcast.
FULL PAYMENT: Due by December 1st. In addition to paying for their registration fee, each student-athlete and their parent(s)/guardian(s) will be required to fulfill two very important requirements in order to secure a roster spot. The requirements for attendance are as follows: a. Complete payment of full registration fee b. Return the enclosed commitment form (page 2) signed by both players and parent or guardian along with all of the documents on pages 5-11. c. Complete a reservation for the hotel stay with the Hilton Atlanta Marietta Hotel & Conference Center. You must stay in the host hotel to participate in the game. Athletes are exempt IF they live within 30 miles of McEachern High in Powder Springs, GA. Failure to return the commitment information by October 1st may forfeit your student-athlete’s offer to play in the game and another student-athlete will be offered in their stead. If you need an extension, please email us at info[at]footballhotbed.com.
DEPOSIT: A deposit is necessary to hold your spot in the game. Make your deposit here or full payment. Those paying must have previously received an invitation to the game from Football Hotbed via email: