Atlanta, GA— The National Freshman Showcase All-American game is just over a week away from getting under way at McEachern High School in Powder Springs, GA, the suburb of Atlanta. This is a Freshman All-American game unlike any other. There will be athletes that are coming to compete from all over the country (seven different states confirmed thus far).
The Freshman All-American week begins January 13th, 2017 and extends through the game day on Monday January 16th.
All participating athletes will:
- Get film from the game sent to their Hudl accounts for making highlights
- Take an “unofficial visit” to the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa on January 13th for a three-hour visit
- Meet and network with players from their class from across the country
- Play in a freshman all-American showcase game, live streamed to the entire nation on Football Hotbed
- Compete in our All-American Combine January 14th with scouting profiles made by our scouting partners.
The participating QBs confirmed for the game:
Cade Knighton (Oregon) – helped lead his varsity team to a state championship runner up as a freshman. Played significantly as a back up quarterback. Will be the starter for the next three years at Central Catholic.
Gavin Herberg (Colorado) – Starting JV quarterback and called up to Varsity for his State Championship winning team out of Colorado Springs. MVP of the 2016 Future 4 (The National Middle School Showcase, presented by Football Hotbed) for the 2020 class.
Blair Garner (South Carolina) – Starter on JV for his Palmetto High team. A three time Football Hotbed All-American who has not lost a game in Football Hotbed All-American play as a starter. A 2015 Future 4 Finalist as a 7th grader.
Griffin Brewster (Georgia) – A 2016 Future 4 finalist in the 2020 class who played JV at his Rome, GA high school. Plays host to the competition coming in state from at least ten states nationally for the National Freshman Showcase game.